Client & Position Overview:
A top ranked US hospital in sunny South Florida is looking for a day shift Microbiology Supervisor for QA/QC and regulatory compliance for their state-of-the-art 100-bed non-profit facility located in an elegant city along Florida's Atlantic Coast.
This area is a haven for golf, water sports and fishing. Peaceful beaches, museums, nature tours and a range of hotels make it an incredible destination and an important part of the region known as the Treasure Coast. The Treasure Coast offers a fine selection of shops, beaches, historic downtown and in large shopping malls, and delectable cuisine for all budgets.
Please note we also have supervisory positions available that do not require a Florida state license.
Conduct examinations on specimens collected from patients and animals for bacterial, viral, protozoan and fungal infections.
- Computer skills
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Follow instructions and procedures very carefully
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Plan and conduct complex research projects, such as improving sterilization procedures or developing new drugs to combat infectious diseases
- Perform laboratory experiments that are used in the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses
- Supervise the work of biological technicians and other workers and evaluate the accuracy of their results
- Isolate and maintain cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms for study
- Identify and classify microorganisms found in specimens collected from humans, plants, animals, or the environment
- Monitor the effect of microorganisms on plants, animals, other microorganisms, or the environment
- Review literature and the findings of other researchers and attend conferences
- Prepare technical reports, publish research papers, and make recommendations based on their research findings
- Present research findings to scientists, non-scientist executives, engineers, other colleagues, and the public
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in biology, microbiology or another biological or physical science
- Florida supervisor license in Microbiology and Serology/Immunology
- Two (2) years of experience
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law. #IND