Equal Employment Opportunity and Anti-Discrimination Policy
- OVERVIEW & SCOPE
HealthCare Connections, Inc. of 2770 N. University Drive, Suite #2770, Coral Springs, Florida 33065, has established an Anti-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy (“EEO”). This EEO policy applies to all aspects of the relationship between HealthCare Connections, Inc. and its employees, including, but not limited to, employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, hiring and firing, compensation, assignment, classification of employees, termination, upgrading, promotions, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, and employee benefits and application of policies. These policies apply to independent contractors, temporary employees, all personnel working on the premises, and any other persons or firms doing business for or with HealthCare Connections, Inc.. Disciplinary action will be taken against any employee or agent in breach of this policy.
- DISCRIMINATION. HealthCare Connections, Inc. shall not tolerate, under any circumstances, without exception, any form of discrimination based on race, creed, religion, color, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, national origin, political affiliation, sex, predisposing genetic characteristics, and any other status protected by the law. This list is not exhaustive. Job promotions will be offered to employees based on merit, experience, and other job-related criteria. For qualified people with disabilities, HealthCare Connections, Inc. will make every effort to provide reasonable workplace accommodations that comply with applicable laws. All employees, managers, stakeholders, and agents at HealthCare Connections, Inc. will comply with these anti-discrimination policies. In some cases, local laws and regulations may provide greater protections than those described in this policy.
- STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. An affirmative action program has been developed where HealthCare Connections, Inc. seeks to increase the representation and participation of minorities.
- REPORTING DISCRIMINATION & HARASSMENT. If an employee feels that he or she has been harassed as described in this policy, they should immediately report the matter to management or Human Resources department through any verbal or written means. If that contact is not available, or if the employee is not comfortable informing this contact, the employee should immediately inform any other manager or supervisor. Once the matter has been reported it will be promptly investigated and any corrective action will be taken when deemed appropriate. All complaints or unlawful harassment under this policy or otherwise will be handled in as confidential a manner as possible. Timely reporting is encouraged to prevent the re-occurrence of, or otherwise address, the behavior that violates this policy or law. Delays in reporting a complaint can limit the type of effectiveness of a response by HealthCare Connections, Inc.. The procedure for reporting incidents of discriminatory or harassing behavior is not intended to prevent the right of any employee to seek a remedy under available state or federal law by immediately reporting the matter to the appropriate state or federal agency.
- RETALIATION. Retaliation against any person associated with HealthCare Connections, Inc. who reports instances of harassment – whether he or she is directly or indirectly involved – is in violation of HealthCare Connections, Inc.’s policies. All reported incidents are assumed to be made in good faith. Any allegations that are proven false will be treated as a serious matter.
- DISCIPLINARY MEASURES FOR HARASSMENT. Any employee engaging in behavior that violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action, including the possible termination of employment, whether or not an actual law has been violated.
- REMEDIES. Remedies for any instances of verified employment discrimination, whether caused intentionally or by actions that have a discriminatory effect, may include back pay, hiring, promotion, reinstatement, front pay, reasonable accommodation, or other actions deemed appropriate by HealthCare Connections, Inc.. Remedies can also include payment of attorney’s fees, expert witness fees, court costs and other applicable legal fees.
- POLICY IMPLEMENTATION. Implementation of this Policy will be effective as of October 07, 2018.