Position & Client Overview:
One of our clients is a large and prestigious laboratory organization with locations all across the country. They seek a microbiology medical technologist to work at their large 781-bed medical center client near the Big Apple (NYC).
Pay Range: $60,000-100,000
Conduct examinations on specimens collected from patients and animals for bacterial, viral, protozoan and fungal infections.
- Computer skills
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Follow instructions and procedures very carefully
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Plan and conduct complex research projects, such as improving sterilization procedures or developing new drugs to combat infectious diseases
- Perform laboratory experiments that are used in the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses
- Supervise the work of biological technicians and other workers and evaluate the accuracy of their results
- Isolate and maintain cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms for study
- Identify and classify microorganisms found in specimens collected from humans, plants, animals, or the environment
- Monitor the effect of microorganisms on plants, animals, other microorganisms, or the environment
- Review literature and the findings of other researchers and attend conferences
- Prepare technical reports, publish research papers, and make recommendations based on their research findings
- Present research findings to scientists, non-scientist executives, engineers, other colleagues, and the public
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in biology, microbiology or another biological or physical science
- Certification as a medical technologist (MT, MLS) though ASCP preferred
- Two (2) years of experience
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.