Our client, a large pathology practice in northern central California, is currently seeking a Histology Laboratory Manager to oversee day to day operations in their busy anatomic pathology laboratory located in Bakersfield.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a pathology lab facility in the very low cost of living Bakersfield. This client offers the highest pay in the country with great benefits, relocation assistance, and sign on bonuses.
Responsible for the management of all operations for the Anatomic Pathology labs to ensure quality, timely and efficient operations. Establish procedural systems and controls for regulatory compliance and quality assurance. Supervision over histologists, grossing, transcription and support staff.
- Managing processes and procedures
- Training and presenting technical information to staff
- QA/QC of the departments
- Fiscal and budgeting responsibilities
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate and administer the activities of the Histology, and Immunohistochemistry laboratories
- Monitors laboratory procedures to ensure accurate and timely reporting and implements
- methods to ensure regulatory compliance
- Ensures laboratories are in compliance with regulatory and licensing agencies
- Works closely with clinical staff to ensure the highest level of patient care
- Prepares statistical reports for the Medical Director and/or Director of Laboratory Services
- Supervises and assigns work to staff, evaluates performance, conducts training and staff development activities, handles disciplinary issues, etc
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree
- ASCP certification
- Five (5) years experience
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.