Our client, a large pathology practice located in northern central California, is currently seeking a Grossing Histotechnician to test in their busy Anatomic Pathology Laboratory on the evening shift (2:00 pm – 10:30 pm).
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a pathology lab facility in the very low-cost-of-living Modesto area. This client offers the highest pay in the country with great benefits, relocation assistance, and sign-on bonuses.
Perform routine specimen preparation which involves cutting various tissue types and mounting them on glass slides for examination under the microscope by the pathologist.
Nationally certified histotechnician experienced in receiving, processing, and preparing patient tissue specimens for microscopic examination and analysis by the pathologist. Able to perform complex histologic procedures, recognize deviations from expected results, and analyze and correct problems using scientific principles learned from NAACLS training and 2-4 years of immunohistochemistry experience.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
- Intermediate computer skills
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Retrieving correct blocks for any request from Pathologist.
- Retrieving any slides for Pathologist
- Distributing all stained slides to correct Pathologist/Hospital
- Titer concentrated antibodies
- Looking at any slides that need to go out STAT
- Operating and maintaining all IHC instrumentation
- Performing microtomy and IHC staining of all same-day requests
- Running all same day STAT cases for all hospitals
- Ensuring adequate stock of controls
Education and Certification:
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree or 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) from a regionally accredited college/university with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry
- HT/L(ASCP) certification.
The ideal candidate will be willing to take on new challenges, have a proven record for producing results, and be willing to learn and grow with the company.
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law. #IND