Position & Client Overview:
Our client, a large pathology practice located in northern central California, is seeking a Pathologists’ Assistant for the AM shift of their pathology laboratory. This is an outstanding permanent opportunity in the very low cost of living area of Modesto — about half the cost of living as in the Bay Area! Our client offers the highest pay in the country with great benefits and relocation assistance, and sign on bonus.
Under general supervision of a pathologist, independently perform or assist in accessioning, dissection, description, and histologic sampling of a full range of surgical specimens; participate in the education of pathology residents; and participate in quality assurance activities that result from these processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs gross examinations, dissection and description of tissues received in Surgical Pathology and Autopsy Services.
- Trains and educates laboratory personnel, students, and residents in the processing of surgical tissues and post-mortem examinations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality, safety and compliance programs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of Surgical Pathology protocols and budgetary goals.
- Performs area-specific support/clinical activities.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Knowledge of gross room pathology procedures, protocols, and techniques
- Knowledge of quality standards and requirements for pathology specimen photographs
- Performs and/or assists pathologists in the accessioning, dissection, description, and histologic sampling of a full range of anatomical specimens
- Performs frozen sections and other intraoperative consultations, within established protocol and procedural parameters
- Participates in the accessioning and labeling of specimens, specimen storage and disposal, and the maintenance of reagents and equipment
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Graduate of a NAACLS accredited formal Pathologist’s Assistant Program required.
- ASCP certified or eligible
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.