Position & Client Overview:
One of the largest laboratory organizations in the country is currently seeking a full-time pathologists' assistant to work on the mid/evening shift in beautiful Oklahoma City, OK.
Salary range: $100K-$120K
Relocation or sign-on bonus are being offered on a case-by-case basis.
Other shifts are available!
Under general supervision of a pathologist, independently perform or assist in accessioning, dissection, description, and histologic sampling of a full range of surgical specimens.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Knowledge of gross room pathology procedures, protocols, and techniques
- Knowledge of quality standards and requirements for pathology specimen photographs
- Perform and/or assist pathologists in the accessioning, dissection, description, and histologic sampling of a full range of anatomic specimens
- Perform frozen sections and other intraoperative consultations, within established protocol and procedural parameters
- Participate in accessioning and labeling specimens, storing and disposing specimens, and maintaining reagents and equipment
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Masters degree (preferred) from a NAACLS accredited Pathologists' Assistant program preferred, and/or
- PA(ASCP) certification
- 0 years of experience if already scheduled to take the ASCP exam within 6 months.
- Can be hired as a grossing tech if ASCP exam is scheduled within 30 days of hire. Once passing the exam you will be promoted to a PA and pay increase included.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship but visa transfers are subject to relevant experience.
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law. #IND