Position & Client Overview:
We currently have multiple job openings throughout the state of New York for contract medical technologists and medical laboratory technicians on all shifts in all departments. These facilities range from level one trauma centers to small medical centers with varying levels of volume.
From Niagara Falls to the Statue of Liberty, Massena Barnhardt Island to Staten Island and everywhere in between, New York State is immense (54,556 square miles) and has something for everyone. The Adirondacks in the north offer amazing views where you can experience Lake Placid’s Olympic Center and explore charming villages like Saranac Lake. Niagara Falls in the west is America’s first state park. And of course the iconic New York City offers award-winning restaurants, world-famous attractions including Broadway, the Statue of Liberty, and the Empire State Building.
Why travel with HCI? It’s simple! Since 1997 we have focused 100% of our recruiting efforts on the laboratory industry. That’s all we do!
HCI will reward you with a competitive pay package that is financially unique to you. We also offer:
- Weekly pay (unlike many other companies)
- Shift differential/on call (if applicable) in addition to your hourly wage
- 100% paid expenses to and from assignments
- Daily non-taxable per diems for meals and incidentals
- Paid rental car or receive a car allowance to use your personal vehicle
- Paid hotel/lodging/apartment costs, and you approve the apartments
- Pet-friendly housing
- Non-taxable daily per-diem for lodging if you coordinate your own housing
- Sign on, extension, or completion bonuses for some assignments
- Referral bonuses up to $500!
We also offer a complete benefits plan including:
- Health insurance, national PPO medical plan with coverage in all states
- Major dental & vision insurance
- Life, short and long term disability, accident, gap, as well as critical illness and cancer insurance plans
- 401K plan with employer matching contribution
- Tax-free flexible spending accounts
- Direct deposit
If you are new to traveling or have wondered if a travel career is for you, we are happy to answer all your questions.
Here’s more about the Medical Technologist and Medical Laboratory Technician jobs we have open in New York:
Discover the presence or absence of disease and provide data that help physicians determine the best treatment for the patient. Specialty areas of laboratory medicine include clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services, clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Performing testing in any and/or all of the following areas of the lab: clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services (blood bank), clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology, and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics
- Matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; Maintaining quality results verify and equipment function, troubleshooting, calibrating equipment and monitoring quality control measures and protocols
- Participating in staff training and educational opportunities; Identifying and communicating abnormal patient conditions reports mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials
- Contributing to a safe and secure environment, following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Maintaining patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- MT/MLS: Bachelor's degree in science and MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent
- MLT: Associates degree in science and MLT(ASCP) certification or equivalent
- State license required
- New grads are encouraged to apply; length of experience required dependent on client’s requirements
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.