Position & Client Overview:
We are seeking a Flow Cytometry Coordinator/Supervisor to manage and set up a new Flow Cytometry department and overseeing 1-2 FTE's.
Come join this top ranked US hospital in sunny South Florida. Fort Lauderdale is famous for its beaches, arts, culture and events. From shopping on Las Olas Boulevard, to gondola rides on the canals, to a historic riverfront.
Just two miles north of Port Everglades, you can experience Fort Lauderdale's landscaped beachfront promenade, with its signature white wave wall and brick paved path. Across the street, visit luxury hotels, and enjoy Fort Lauderdale shopping or dining or a narrated 90-minute amphibious tour of quaint Las Olas Boulevard, historical districts, and the mansions and yachts dotting Millionaires Row.
Detect and measure physical and chemical characteristics of a population of cells or particles. Demonstrates knowledge in application of theory and clinical relevance of multi-color flow cytometry with experiences in data analysis. Requiring a thorough knowledge of hematopoietic disorders and understanding of immunophenotypic results in different neoplastic processes is desired.
- Cell counting
- Cell sorting
- Determining cell characteristics and function
- Detecting microorganisms
- Biomarker detecting
- Protein engineering detecting
- Diagnosing health disorders such as blood cancers
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Performing routine and moderate to complex tests and analyses according to established procedures in designated technical department.
- Performing cell suspensions and cell counts on all specimens designated for immunophenotyping.
- Staining aliquots of cell suspensions with designated panels of fluorescent antibodies for immunophenotyping.
- Operating flow cytometer instruments and acquiring the data necessary for all immunophenotyping tests provided by the Flow Cytometry Laboratory.
- Staining DNA cell suspensions and acquiring data on the flow cytometer for DNA analysis.
- Running daily standard checks for instrument alignment and reagent QC on the flow cytometers.
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree
- MT/MLS(ASCP) or MLT(ASCP) certification
- Florida Supervisor license
- Two (2) years of experience
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.