Position & Client Overview:
Come work on a travel assignment as a Cytotechnologist for the day shift in Concord, Massachusetts. Living in Concord offers residents a dense suburban feel. Many retirees live in Concord and there are a lot of coffee shops and parks.
Analyze fluid and tissue specimens for microscopic cellular abnormalities. Work closely with pathologists and independently.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
- Handle pressure responsibility, often performing highly detailed microscopic work for long periods of time
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Examine cell samples to detect abnormalities in the color, shape, or size of cellular components and patterns
- Prepare and analyze samples, such as Papanicolaou (PAP) smear body fluids and fine needle aspirations (FNAs), to detect abnormal conditions
- Provide patient clinical data or microscopic findings to assist pathologists in the preparation of pathology reports
- Assist pathologists or other physicians to collect cell samples such as by fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsies
- Submit slides with abnormal cell structures to pathologists for further examination
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in cytotechnology
- CT(ASCP) certification
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.