Position & Client Overview:
We are seeking a Bench Technologist and a Blood Bank Lead Technologist with experience in advanced immunohematology testing for the second largest reference lab in the US, in Atlanta, Georgia. Atlanta is one of the most popular destinations in the southeast to live. It’s a city filled with fine dining, shopping, and a rich history. Combined with inspiration-inducing attractions to create a city with southern charm and world-class sophistication.
The lead is a Baylor day shift position (6:00 PM-6:30 AM, Friday-Sunday) and the bench is days and nights (6:00 AM-6:30 PM and 6:00 PM-6:30 AM). Work 36 hours and get paid for 40 hours!
Blood bank technologists perform both routine and specialized tests in blood banks, blood donor centers, transfusion services, reference laboratories and research facilities.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Follow instructions and procedures very carefully
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Testing for blood group antigens, compatibility and antibody identification
- Investigating abnormalities and adverse reactions to transfusion
- Supporting physicians in transfusion therapy for patients
- Performing viral marker testing to ensure patient safety
- Managing patient blood
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in science;
- MT/MLT/MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent;
- SBB(ASCP) certification a plus
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.