Position & Client Overview:
A very prestigious 500-bed academic medical center located in a picturesque part of New Hampshire seeks a certified Medical Technologist for their very high volume blood bank.
This position is for either a day shift or four 10-hour night shifts.
Must be certified and have a minimum of 2-4 years of specific experience and strength in the blood bank. Must have high-volume testing experience as well.
This great career opportunity with an industry leader boasts high pay, a $8,000 sign-on bonus, and relocation assistance.
Blood bank technologists perform both routine and specialized tests in blood banks, blood donor centers, transfusion services, reference laboratories and research facilities.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Follow instructions and procedures very carefully
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Testing for blood group antigens, compatibility and antibody identification
- Investigating abnormalities and adverse reactions to transfusion
- Supporting physicians in transfusion therapy for patients
- Performing viral marker testing to ensure patient safety
- Managing patient blood
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in science;
- MT/MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent
- SBB(ASCP) certification a plus
- 2-4 years of experience
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law. #IND