Position & Client Overview:
We are seeking a Laboratory Director for a state-of-the-art 100-bed non-profit facility located in an elegant city along Florida's Atlantic Coast. This area is a haven for golf, water sports and fishing. Peaceful beaches, museums, nature tours and a range of hotels make it an incredible destination and an important part of the region known as the Treasure Coast. The Treasure Coast offers a fine selection of shops, beaches, historic downtown and in large shopping malls, and delectable cuisine for all budgets. Please note we also have Supervisory positions available and may not require a FL state license.
Responsible for the management and administrative functions for the laboratory. Responsible for policy development and implementation, regulatory compliance and quality assurance. Supervision is exercised over laboratory supervisors, clinical staff and support staff.
- Managing and authoring processes and procedures
- Training and presenting technical information to staff
- QA/QC of the departments
- Fiscal and budgeting responsibilities
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Evaluating laboratory operations consulting with pathologists; reporting results according to protocols mandated by the hospital and public health department
- Ensuring maintenance of medical laboratory equipment performance by developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair
- Maintaining medical laboratory supplies inventory, determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies
- Maintaining laboratory productivity, monitoring workload, identifying peak and slack periods
- Participating in the hospital quality assurance program; consulting with pathologists; performing proficiency surveys; reviewing QC & QA programs
- Maintaining medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training employees, counseling, reviewing/evaluating and disciplining employees as needed
- Complying with state and professional continuing education licensure requirements
- Contributing to benchwork as needed
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in biology
- Florida license is required
- At least five (5) years in management
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.