Position & Client Overview:
A very busy high volume private reference group is currently looking for a temporary Cytologist. This is a day shift 13-week assignment with a possible extension.
The ideal candidate will be California licensed, ASCP certified, ThinPrep Imager certified, and must be able to handle high volume.
This location, near the capital of California, is rapidly growing and is now known for its hip breweries, farm-to-table restaurants, museums, and rich history.
This is the perfect time of the year to visit and explore California.
NOTE: A generous compensation package including tax-free per diems and housing is offered!
Weekly Pay Rate: $3,025
Analyze fluid and tissue specimens for microscopic cellular abnormalities. Work closely with pathologists and independently.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
- Handle pressure responsibility, often performing highly detailed microscopic work for long periods of time
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Examine cell samples to detect abnormalities in the color, shape, or size of cellular components and patterns
- Prepare and analyze samples, such as Papanicolaou (PAP) smear body fluids and fine needle aspirations (FNAs), to detect abnormal conditions
- Provide patient clinical data or microscopic findings to assist pathologists in the preparation of pathology reports
- Assist pathologists or other physicians to collect cell samples such as by fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsies
- Submit slides with abnormal cell structures to pathologists for further examination
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in cytotechnology
- ThinPrep Imager certified
- California license
- Three (3) years experience
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law. #IND