Position & Client Overview:
Do you like to travel? Come join our travel team in Hudson, NY as a contract phlebotomist at a 190-bed facility. This approximately 13-week, third shift assignment includes working every other weekend.
Hudson lies just 120 miles north of the boroughs, and its proximity to the snaking Hudson River and numerous hiking trails makes it a prime outdoor-lovers destination. Plus, there is plenty of architecture to take in: Queen Anne mansions, Victorian townhouses, and 19th-century warehouses and factories all make nods to Hudson’s storied past as a whaling hub, international trade center, and most surprisingly, a red light district.
Perform venipunctures and finger sticks, process medical laboratory tests and document results for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. Help establish and maintain rapport with patients and help patients understand what is being done to help alleviate stress and anxiety regarding blood tests. Interact with patients of all ages and health states. Establish patient identity before testing as well as asking questions related to certain tests.
Skill Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Decontamination of puncture sites
- Post venipuncture site care
- Finger sticks
- Heal sticks
- Microcapillary skin puncture
- Vacutainer holders
- Blood culture preparation kits
- Ova parasite containers
- Paternity blood draw kits
- Order of tube collection
- Serum Separator (SST Tiger Top Speckle)
- Green Top (Heparin Lithium NA+ Ammonium)
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
- Familiarity and comfort using specific medical equipment
- Soft skills such as kindness and empathy while working with healthy and ill patients, including those with COVID-19
- Confidence and strong attention to detail
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Perform blood collections by venipuncture and capillary techniques for all age groups
- Collect specimens for drug screens, paternity tests, alcohol tests etc.
- Perform data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Process billing information and collect payments when required
- Prepare all collected specimens for testing and analysis
- Maintain patient and specimen information logs
- Provide superior customer service to all patients
- Administrative and clerical duties as necessary
- Travel to additional sites when needed
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Phlebotomy certification from an accredited agency is preferred
- Previous experience as a phlebotomist
- Proven track record in providing exceptional customer service
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.