Position & Client Overview:
We are currently seeking Florida-licensed microbiology medical technologists to test in a high-volume clinical laboratory at a client facility in the beautiful I-4 corridor near Disney World in central Florida. This client is one of the largest multispecialty medical clinics in Florida.
They provide comprehensive healthcare services to residents of Lakeland, Polk County, Central Florida, and beyond. First established in 1941, this organization has grown to include over 215 board-certified physicians representing 40 different medical and surgical specialties — plus a well-qualified team of midlevel providers.
All shifts are available. Weekends are required, but no call.
A $10,000 sign-on bonus is being offered.
Discover the presence or absence of disease and provide data that help physicians determine the best treatment for the patient. Specialty areas of laboratory medicine include clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services, clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology, and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Performing testing in any and/or all of the following areas of the lab: clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services (blood bank), clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology, and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; Maintaining quality results verify and equipment function, troubleshooting, calibrating equipment, and monitoring quality control measures and protocols
- Participating in staff training and educational opportunities; Identifying and communicating abnormal patient conditions reports mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials
- Contributing to a safe and secure environment, following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Maintaining patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in science
- Florida state MT license in Hematology, Chemistry, Serology
- One (1) year of experience is required (minimum); sorry, no new grads
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law. #IND