Position & Client Overview:
Our client, located in a beautiful and family-oriented area near St. Louis, seeks a Microbiology Supervisor to oversee day to day operations of their hospital clinical microbiology laboratory of their 200-bed medical center.
Responsible for the management and administrative functions for the laboratory. Responsible for policy development and implementation, regulatory compliance and quality assurance. Supervision is exercised over laboratory supervisors, clinical staff and support staff.
- Managing and authoring processes and procedures
- Training and presenting technical information to staff
- QA/QC of the departments
- Fiscal and budgeting responsibilities
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Evaluating laboratory operations consulting with pathologists; reporting results according to protocols mandated by the hospital and public health department
- Ensuring maintenance of medical laboratory equipment performance by developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair
- Maintaining medical laboratory supplies inventory, determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies
- Maintaining laboratory productivity, monitoring workload, identifying peak and slack periods
- Participating in the hospital quality assurance program; consulting with pathologists; performing proficiency surveys; reviewing QC & QA programs
- Maintaining medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training employees, counseling, reviewing/evaluating and disciplining employees as needed
- Complying with state and professional continuing education licensure requirements
- Contributing to benchwork as needed
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in biology
- ASCP or equivalent certification
- Five (5) years experience
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.