Position & Client Overview:
A state-of-the-art university teaching hospital in Mississippi is expanding the number of staff in their Core Lab. They are looking to add a contract Medical Technologist/Medical Technician to their busy third shift.
This 600+ bed high volume facility is in the mild climate of Mississippi, a state with historic sites including the Freedom Trail, Beauvoir, and Longwood. While on your 13 week contract, be sure to visit the Museum of Natural Science to see their aquarium and hike their famous nature trails. Fill up on soul food, biscuits, hot tamales, and crawfish.
Blood bank technologists perform both routine and specialized tests in blood banks, blood donor centers, transfusion services, reference laboratories and research facilities.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Follow instructions and procedures very carefully
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Testing for blood group antigens, compatibility and antibody identification
- Investigating abnormalities and adverse reactions to transfusion
- Supporting physicians in transfusion therapy for patients
- Performing viral marker testing to ensure patient safety
- Managing patient blood
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in science;
- MT/MLT/MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent; SBB a plus
- At least one (1) year of experience is required
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.