Position & Client Overview:
One of the largest chain reference labs in the nation is seeking multiple histotechnicians and histotechnologists to become part of their well-established team in Las Vegas.
There are openings for Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday on the night/early AM shift (start time between 2-4 AM).
Must have HT(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP) certification; Nevada license can be obtained upon acceptance of offer.
Pay range: $32-38 per hour
Why Las Vegas? Your your experience will likely revolve around the iconic neon lights and famous sights along the Strip. This is where Lady Luck will make or break or make your bank account, but there are other diversions attached to the casinos: ride a gondola at The Venetian, see views atop the Eiffel Tower at Paris, Las Vegas or enjoy the renowned fountain show at the Bellagio. If you can part with the glitz and glam of Las Vegas Boulevard, you’ll find the rest of the city has plenty to offer. Taste your way through the city on a food tour, check out the Fremont Street Experience's light show, enjoy a history lesson at the Mob Museum or the Neon Museum, or stretch your legs at Red Rock Canyon. And if you have the time, plan a quick road trip to the Hoover Dam, which can also be accessed via helicopter tour or a bus tour. There is always something to do in Vegas. Excitement is at your fingertips.
Perform routine specimen preparation which involves cutting various tissue types and mounting them on glass slides for examination under the microscope by the pathologist.
Nationally certified histotechnician experienced in receiving, processing, and preparing patient tissue specimens for microscopic examination and analysis by the pathologist. Able to perform complex histologic procedures, recognize deviations from expected results, and analyze and correct problems using scientific principles learned from NAACLS training and 3 years of experience.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Remove tissue from a preservative solution, remove water from the sample, and replace it with paraffin wax
- Embed sample in a larger block of wax to prepare it for slicing before mounting it on a microtome
- Slice or section the sample then stain with special dyes and mount on a slide for viewing with a microscope
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree or 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) from a regionally accredited college/university with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry
- HT/L(ASCP) certification; QIHC(ASCP) preferred
- Three (3) years of experience at minimum
- Nevada license must be obtained upon acceptance of offer
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law. #IND