A highly prestigious healthcare system in Mississippi is in need of a contract histotechnician or histotechnologist. Duties will include cutting, embedding, special stains, and IHC. This is a rotating shift position with occasional weekends on call. High-volume experience is a must. Histology experience is a must; no new grads at this time.
There is so much to see and do in Mississippi. You will never get bored with all the museums and attractions such as Civil War and Civil Rights sites. A music lover? Stir your soul with great blues, gospel, jazz, and more. And the food! Bring along your appetite and savor Mississippi's down-home southern cooking, gourmet Southern Fusion, plus all your international favorites. You’ll love the charming neighborhood cafés.
Perform routine specimen preparation which involves cutting various tissue types and mounting them on glass slides for examination under the microscope by the pathologist.
Nationally certified histotechnician experienced in receiving, processing, and preparing patient tissue specimens for microscopic examination and analysis by the pathologist. Able to perform complex histologic procedures, recognize deviations from expected results, and analyze and correct problems using scientific principles learned from NAACLS training and two (2) years of experience.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Remove tissue from a preservative solution and removes water from the sample and replaces it with paraffin wax
- Embed sample in a larger block of wax to prepare it for slicing, before mounting it on a microtome
- Slice, or section, the sample then stain with special dyes and mount on a slide for viewing with a microscope
Education and Certification:
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree or 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) from a regionally accredited college/university with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry
- HT/L(ASCP) certification
- Two (2) years of experience
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law. #IND