Position & Client Overview:
We are currently seeking Florida-licensed histotechnologists to test in a high-volume clinical/anatomic laboratory at a client facility in the beautiful I-4 corridor near Disney World in central Florida. These are day shift positions.
$10,000 sign-on bonus is available.
This client is one of the largest multispecialty medical clinics in Florida. They provide comprehensive healthcare services to residents of Lakeland, Polk County, Central Florida, and beyond. First established in 1941, this organization has grown to include over 215 board-certified physicians representing 40 different medical and surgical specialties — plus a well-qualified team of mid-level providers.
Perform routine specimen preparation which involves cutting various tissue types and mounting them on glass slides for examination under the microscope by the pathologist.
Nationally certified histotechnician experienced in receiving, processing, and preparing patient tissue specimens for microscopic examination and analysis by the pathologist. Able to perform complex histologic procedures, recognize deviations from expected results, and analyze and correct problems using scientific principles learned from NAACLS training and years of experience.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Remove tissue from a preservative solution, remove water from the sample, and replace it with paraffin wax
- Embed sample in a larger block of wax to prepare it for slicing before mounting it on a microtome
- Slice or section the sample then stain with special dyes and mount on a slide for viewing with a microscope
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree or 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) from a regionally accredited college/university with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry
- HT/L(ASCP) certification
- One (1) year experience
- Florida license
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law. #IND