Position & Client Overview:
One of the largest laboratory organization in the world is currently seeking several histology technicians or technologists to work at their busy reference laboratory in the beautiful Westchester County area. All shifts are available.
Perform routine specimen preparation which involves cutting various tissue types and mounting them on glass slides for examination under the microscope by the pathologist.
Nationally certified histotechnician experienced in receiving, processing, and preparing patient tissue specimens for microscopic examination and analysis by the pathologist. Able to perform complex histologic procedures, recognize deviations from expected results, and analyze and correct problems using scientific principles learned from NAACLS training and one to two years of experience.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Remove tissue from a preservative solution, remove water from the sample, and replace it with paraffin wax
- Embed sample in a larger block of wax to prepare it for slicing before mounting it on a microtome
- Slice or section the sample then stain with special dyes and mount on a slide for viewing with a microscope
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree or 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) from a regionally accredited college/university with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry
- HT/L(ASCP) certification
- Or on the job trained/non certified per the lab approval
- NYS license is required or eligibility of licensure as a technician or technologist
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.