Position & Client Overview:
A 350-bed high-volume state-of-the-art hospital in middle Georgia is looking for a day shift Laboratory Supervisor. The facility is located less than 100 miles from Atlanta which gives the travelers the chance to enjoy small town life while enjoying the city anytime.
Candidates should be degreed and certified, and able to work as generalists.
Responsible for the management and administrative functions for the laboratory. Responsible for policy development and implementation, regulatory compliance and quality assurance. Supervision is exercised over laboratory supervisors, clinical staff and support staff.
- Managing and authoring processes and procedures
- Training and presenting technical information to staff
- QA/QC of the departments
- Fiscal and budgeting responsibilities
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Evaluating laboratory operations consulting with pathologists; reporting results according to protocols mandated by the hospital and public health department
- Ensuring maintenance of medical laboratory equipment performance by developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair
- Maintaining medical laboratory supplies inventory, determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies
- Maintaining laboratory productivity, monitoring workload, identifying peak and slack periods
- Participating in the hospital quality assurance program; consulting with pathologists; performing proficiency surveys; reviewing QC & QA programs
- Maintaining medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training employees, counseling, reviewing/evaluating and disciplining employees as needed
- Complying with state and professional continuing education licensure requirements
- Contributing to bench-work as needed
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in biology
- ASCP or AMT certification
- Two (2) years of experience
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.