Position & Client Overview:
Our client seeks a Laboratory Supervisor to oversee evening shift operations at their busy 418-bed medical center in southern Georgia near the Florida border.
This is a day shift position with weekends but no call. Supervisory experience is preferred, or five years of experience on the bench. Must hold a baccalaureate degree and certification.
In Georgia the possibilities are endless, adventures are unlimited and the people are ready to welcome you with open arms. Enjoy hiking, cycling, or even boating in the beautiful Georgia landscape. Visit the world’s largest aquarium, centennial Olympic park or go to Pine Mountain Wild Animal Safari. Whether it is day or night, there is no shortage of places to go and things to do.
Responsible for the management and administrative functions for the laboratory. Responsible for policy development and implementation, regulatory compliance and quality assurance. Supervision is exercised over laboratory supervisors, clinical staff and support staff.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Evaluating laboratory operations consulting with pathologists; reporting results according to protocols mandated by the hospital and public health department
- Ensuring maintenance of medical laboratory equipment performance by developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair
- Maintaining medical laboratory supplies inventory, determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies
- Maintaining laboratory productivity, monitoring workload, identifying peak and slack periods
- Participating in the hospital quality assurance program; consulting with pathologists; performing proficiency surveys; reviewing QC & QA programs
- Maintaining medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training employees, counseling, reviewing/evaluating and disciplining employees as needed
- Complying with state and professional continuing education licensure requirements
- Contributing to benchwork as needed
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in biology
- ASCP or equivalent certification
- Five (5) years of bench experience
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.