Position & Client Overview:
Our client is one of the largest laboratory organizations in the country with locations across the United States. They are looking for a Medical Technician/Technologist to test as a generalist for a 13-week contract assignment in their Indianapolis location. This is a night shift position, Monday through Friday — weekends off! There is some flexibility with hours; this position could be four 10-hour shifts, 9 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Discover the presence or absence of disease and provide data that help physicians determine the best treatment for the patient. Specialty areas of laboratory medicine include clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services, clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Performing testing in any and/or all of the following areas of the lab: clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services (blood bank), clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology, and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; Maintaining quality results verify and equipment function, troubleshooting, calibrating equipment and monitoring quality control measures and protocols
- Participating in staff training and educational opportunities; Identifying and communicating abnormal patient conditions reports mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials
- Contributing to a safe and secure environment, following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Maintaining patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- MT/MLS: Bachelor's degree in science and MLS(ASCP) certification
- MLT: Associates degree in science and MLT(ASCP) certification
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.