Position & Client Overview:
Our client is seeking several medical technologist/technician, generalist for their 58-bed regional medical center to work on the night and evening shift.
The lab is located in a beautiful, newer, two-story state-of-the-art acute care hospital that operates seven days a week/24 hours a day.
Enjoy the beauty and scenic regions the Texas Gulf Coast has to offer while being within a one- to two-hour drive away from the wonderful amenities the big city life of Houston has to offer. Your getaway to the great outdoors, hiking, biking, horseback riding and quaint shops complement this area with a wonderful nightlife of live music and entertainment. Their farmer’s market has the best produce without having to travel miles before it reaches your dinner table. State parks and lakes are intertwined among the many hiking trails hiked by local residents.
Discover the presence or absence of disease and provide data that help physicians determine the best treatment for the patient. Specialty areas of laboratory medicine include clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services, clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Performing testing in any and/or all of the following areas of the lab: clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services (blood bank), clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology, and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; Maintaining quality results verify and equipment function, troubleshooting, calibrating equipment and monitoring quality control measures and protocols
- Participating in staff training and educational opportunities; Identifying and communicating abnormal patient conditions reports mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials
- Contributing to a safe and secure environment, following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Maintaining patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- MT/MLS: Bachelor's degree in science and MLS(ASCP) certification
- MLT: Associates degree in science and MLT(ASCP) certification
- New grads are welcome to apply
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law. #IND