Position & Client Overview:
Come work on a travel assignment in Mammoth Lakes, California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist. Mammoth Lakes is a town in California's Sierra Nevada mountains. It's known for the Mammoth Mountain and June Mountain ski areas and nearby trails. The town is a base for Devils Postpile National Monument, a formation of basalt columns, and the soaring Rainbow Falls. To the north, saltwater Mono Lake is dotted with limestone towers. Yosemite National Park, with its granite cliffs and ancient sequoias, is nearby.
Discover the presence or absence of disease and provide data that help physicians determine the best treatment for the patient. Specialty areas of laboratory medicine include clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services, clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Performing testing in any and/or all of the following areas of the lab: clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services (blood bank), clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology, and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; Maintaining quality results verify and equipment function, troubleshooting, calibrating equipment and monitoring quality control measures and protocols
- Participating in staff training and educational opportunities; Identifying and communicating abnormal patient conditions reports mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials
- Contributing to a safe and secure environment, following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Maintaining patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- MT/MLS: Bachelor's degree in science and MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent
- MLT: Associates degree in science and MLT(ASCP) certification or equivalent
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.