Position & Client Overview:
Our client is a prestigious and world renown organization located in the heart of beautiful Bean Town, Boston. They seek a permanent or contract Flow Cytometry Medical Technologist to test in their busy laboratory on the day shift.
The Medical Technologist II, in their role as Testing Personnel and General Supervisor as defined by CLIA, may be delegated the responsibility of the technical oversight of the flow cytometry laboratory including the day-to-day supervision or oversight of the laboratory operation and personnel performing testing and reporting results. Under general supervision, carries out all policies and performs all tests in accordance with the department’s standard operating procedures. Works independently in an efficient and organized manner to assure accurate results and records. Assists with training of staff. The work requires a professional level of knowledge to read and interpret accurately test results used by providers in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Performing testing in any and/or all of the following areas of the lab: clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services (blood bank), clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology, and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; Maintaining quality results verify and equipment function, troubleshooting, calibrating equipment and monitoring quality control measures and protocols
- Participating in staff training and educational opportunities; Identifying and communicating abnormal patient conditions reports mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials
- Contributing to a safe and secure environment, following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Maintaining patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- MT/MLS: Bachelor's degree in science and MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent
- MLT: Associates degree in science and MLT(ASCP) certification or equivalent
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.