Position & Client Overview:
Enjoy southern culture at this cytology opportunity in the Augusta, Georgia area.
Our client, a 595-bed university private teaching hospital, is seeking a day shift Cytotechnologist.
This private healthcare system has over 1,100 licensed patient beds, 9,000 employees and more than 20 health centers located throughout Metro Atlanta. What an opportunity!
Analyze fluid and tissue specimens for microscopic cellular abnormalities. Work closely with pathologists and independently.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
- Be able to handle pressure and responsibility, often performing highly detailed microscopic work for long periods of time
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Examine cell samples to detect abnormalities in the color, shape, or size of cellular components and patterns
- Prepare and analyze samples, such as Papanicolaou (PAP) smear body fluids and fine needle aspirations (FNAs), to detect abnormal conditions
- Provide patient clinical data or microscopic findings to assist pathologists in the preparation of pathology reports
- Assist pathologists or other physicians to collect cell samples such as by fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsies
- Submit slides with abnormal cell structures to pathologists for further examination
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in cytotechnology
- CT(ASCP) certification
- Two (2) years of experience
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.