Position & Client Overview:
Join a very prestigious health system 45 mins southeast of Austin Texas. A busy level one trauma center with a hospital, clinic, and reference lab is seeking 3 Chemistry medical technologists or medical laboratory technicians.
We have one day shift with a sign-on bonus of $15,000 and two evening shifts with sign-on bonuses of $20,000. These are 8-hour shifts over 5 days. Phlebotomy is not required.
Uncertified candidates are welcome to apply!
Come discover central Texas. We offer the best hotels, attractions, events, entertainment, and more in Central Texas. This facility is located between Dallas and San Antonio, and only one hour from Houston and 1 hour and 30 minutes from Austin. This is a great location for families or for people who love all the amenities of a big beautiful city.
Discover the presence or absence of disease and provide data that help physicians determine the best treatment for the patient. Specialty areas of laboratory medicine include clinical chemistry, hematology, transfusion services, clinical immunology, clinical microbiology, serology and the emerging field of molecular diagnostics.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Performing testing in clinical chemistry
- Matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; Maintaining quality results verify and equipment function, troubleshooting, calibrating equipment and monitoring quality control measures and protocols
- Participating in staff training and educational opportunities; Identifying and communicating abnormal patient conditions reports mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials
- Contributing to a safe and secure environment, following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Maintaining patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- MT/MLS: Bachelor's degree in science and MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent
- MLT: Associates degree in science and MLT(ASCP) certification or equivalent
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law. #IND