Position & Client Overview:
We currently have multiple job openings throughout the state of Pennsylvania for contract Specialists in Blood Bank (SBB’s) or Medical Technologists working in Blood Banks on all shifts. These facilities range from level one trauma centers to small medical centers and reference laboratories to government facilities with varying levels of volume.
Pennsylvania has all the ingredients for a great family vacation: a town built around a chocolate factory, the World of Little League Museum and more than a dozen amusement and water parks. It also offers big-city culture with first-rate museums, science centers, performing arts venues and gardens in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and other lively urban centers. Venture outside the cities to go hiking, biking and boating, and learn about the Amish in farms and villages. Don’t forget to explore the state’s pivotal role in U.S. history at Philadelphia’s Independence Hall and on Gettysburg’s battlefields.
Why travel with HCI? It’s simple! Since 1997 we have focused 100% of our recruiting efforts on the laboratory industry. That’s all we do!
HCI will reward you with a competitive pay package that is financially unique to you. We also offer:
- Weekly pay (unlike many other companies)
- Shift differential/on call (if applicable) in addition to your hourly wage
- 100% paid expenses to and from assignments
- Daily non-taxable per diems for meals and incidentals
- Paid rental car or receive a car allowance to use your personal vehicle
- Paid hotel/lodging/apartment costs, and you approve the apartments
- Pet-friendly housing
- Non-taxable daily per-diem for lodging if you coordinate your own housing
- Sign on, extension, or completion bonuses for some assignments
- Referral bonuses up to $500!
We also offer a complete benefits plan including:
- Health insurance, national PPO medical plan with coverage in all states
- Major dental & vision insurance
- Life, short and long term disability, accident, gap, as well as critical illness and cancer insurance plans
- 401K plan with employer matching contribution
- Tax-free flexible spending accounts
- Direct deposit
Here’s more about the Blood Bank jobs we have open in Pennsylvania:
Blood bank technologists perform both routine and specialized tests in blood banks, blood donor centers, transfusion services, reference laboratories and research facilities.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Follow instructions and procedures very carefully
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Testing for blood group antigens, compatibility and antibody identification
- Investigating abnormalities and adverse reactions to transfusion
- Supporting physicians in transfusion therapy for patients
- Performing viral marker testing to ensure patient safety
- Managing patient blood
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in science;
- MT/MLT/MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent;
- SBB(ASCP) certification a plus
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.