Position & Client Overview:
Our client is a large transfusion medicine/blood center organization with locations around the United States. They seek several Blood Bank Medical Technologist to help oversee blood bank operations at their reference laboratory on all shifts. This lead position requires bench work, as well as five years of experience.
Pittsburgh is a city in western Pennsylvania at the junction of 3 rivers. Its Gilded Age sites, including the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, the Carnegie Museum of Art and the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, speak to its history as an early-20th-century industrial capital. In the North Shore neighborhood are the modern Andy Warhol Museum, Heinz Field football stadium and PNC Park baseball stadium. Come live in this amazing city!
Blood bank technologists perform both routine and specialized tests in blood banks, blood donor centers, transfusion services, reference laboratories and research facilities.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Follow instructions and procedures very carefully
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Testing for blood group antigens, compatibility and antibody identification
- Investigating abnormalities and adverse reactions to transfusion
- Supporting physicians in transfusion therapy for patients
- Performing viral marker testing to ensure patient safety
- Managing patient blood
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in science
- MT/MLT/MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent
- SBB(ASCP) certification a plus
- Five (5) years of experience required
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.