Position & Client Overview:
Nestled in the south central Ozarks Highland region, this city is home to Missouri University of Science and Technology, Missouri’s premier technological research university, and boasts a history that predates the Civil War. The appeal of this city and the region to visitors, though, lies in its recreational opportunities. Outdoor attractions abound with numerous springs, forested hills and rivers.
A 242-bed acute care hospital in this area is looking for a Blood Bank Supervisor to oversee day-to-day operations of their busy lab blood bank department.
The Blood Bank Supervisor serves as the technical supervisor and directs all activities for his/her area of responsibility. The Supervisor is responsible for all technical procedures, manuals, proficiency testing, and quality control, as well as the training, certification of competency and performance evaluation of all employees working in this area.
Responsible for the management and administrative functions for the laboratory. Responsible for policy development and implementation, regulatory compliance and quality assurance. Supervision is exercised over laboratory supervisors, clinical staff and support staff.
- Managing and authoring processes and procedures
- Training and presenting technical information to staff
- QA/QC of the departments
- Fiscal and budgeting responsibilities
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Evaluating laboratory operations consulting with pathologists; reporting results according to protocols mandated by the hospital and public health department
- Ensuring maintenance of medical laboratory equipment performance by developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair
- Maintaining medical laboratory supplies inventory, determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies
- Maintaining laboratory productivity, monitoring workload, identifying peak and slack periods
- Participating in the hospital quality assurance program; consulting with pathologists; performing proficiency surveys; reviewing QC & QA programs
- Maintaining medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training employees, counseling, reviewing/evaluating and disciplining employees as needed
- Complying with state and professional continuing education licensure requirements
- Contributing to benchwork as needed
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in biology
- ASCP or equivalent certification
- 2-3 years of management experience
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.