Position & Client Overview:
A renown and small Immunohematology Reference Laboratory that services many of the communities in the central part of Pennsylvania, north of Philadelphia is currently seeking two Blood Bank Technologists with experience in advanced immunohematology testing for a day shift at their renown blood center.
Central Pennsylvania is where the historic and new collide to bring a unique experience to all who visit. From trendy restaurants to a 275 year-old bookstore, from a glittering casino to the first college in America to educate women, this city near Philadelphia will feed your body, your mind and your soul.
Blood bank technologists perform both routine and specialized tests in blood banks, blood donor centers, transfusion services, reference laboratories and research facilities.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Follow instructions and procedures very carefully
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Testing for blood group antigens, compatibility and antibody identification
- Investigating abnormalities and adverse reactions to transfusion
- Supporting physicians in transfusion therapy for patients
- Performing viral marker testing to ensure patient safety
- Managing patient blood
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in science
- MT/MLT/MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent
- SBB(ASCP) certification a plus
- Two (2) years of experience
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.