Position & Client Overview:
A top 10 nationally ranked university teaching hospital known for their outstanding academic medical centers is currently in need of Pathologists' Assistants for their busy Anatomic Pathology Laboratory.
There are several 13-week travel and/or contract positions available.
The duties will include grossing of large and small biopsies as well as complex cases. Experience is required but there is some flexibilty on certifications. Excellent compensation packages are offered.
Come enjoy the beautiful fall weather in the "City of brotherly love"!
Under general supervision of a pathologist, independently perform or assist in accessioning, dissection, description, and histologic sampling of a full range of surgical specimens.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Knowledge of gross room pathology procedures, protocols, and techniques
- Knowledge of quality standards and requirements for pathology specimen photographs
- Perform and/or assist pathologists in the accessioning, dissection, description, and histologic sampling of a full range of anatomic specimens
- Perform frozen sections and other intraoperative consultations, within established protocol and procedural parameters
- Participate in accessioning and labeling specimens, storing and disposing specimens, and maintaining reagents and equipment
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Masters degree from a NAACLS accredited Pathologists' Assistant program preferred, and/or
- PA(ASCP) certification, or
- On the job trained/non certified per lab approval
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.