Position & Client Overview:
A large fast-paced pathology group in a coastal town of southern Georgia is in need of a Pathologists’ Assistant for the day shift.
This area of coastal Georgia, known as the Golden Isles, was named the 2020 World’s Best Islands in the Continental US. They described the area as a nature lover’s paradise “to spot migrating North Atlantic right whales, swim with loggerhead turtles, and enjoy some of the country’s best bird-watching.” These gorgeous isles are also known for pampering their guests with “extraordinary golf courses, restaurants, and five-star resorts”.
The preferred candidate for this position will hold a master's degree and PA(ASCP) certification. High-volume grossing experience is suggested. New graduates are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
The facility offers a generous compensation package including relocation assistance and a sign-on bonus.
Under general supervision of a pathologist, independently perform or assist in accessioning, dissection, description, and histologic sampling of a full range of surgical specimens.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Knowledge of gross room pathology procedures, protocols, and techniques
- Knowledge of quality standards and requirements for pathology specimen photographs
- Perform and/or assist pathologists in the accessioning, dissection, description, and histologic sampling of a full range of anatomic specimens
- Perform frozen sections and other intraoperative consultations, within established protocol and procedural parameters
- Participate in accessioning and labeling specimens, storing and disposing specimens, and maintaining reagents and equipment
Education and Certification:
- Masters degree from a NAACLS accredited Pathologists' Assistant program preferred, and/or
- PA(ASCP) certification
- New graduates are encouraged to apply
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other protected status pursuant to law. #IND