Position & Client Overview:
Our client is one of the most prestigious and well known health systems in the country! They seek an Anatomic Pathology Manager for their robust laboratory operation near beautiful Washington D.C. This is a day shift position.
Responsible for the management of all operations for the Anatomic Pathology labs to ensure quality, timely and efficient operations. Establish procedural systems and controls for regulatory compliance and quality assurance. Supervision over histologists, cytotechnologists, PA’s, laboratory supervisors, grossing, transcription and support staff.
- Managing processes and procedures
- Training and presenting technical information to staff
- QA/QC of the departments
- Fiscal and budgeting responsibilities
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate and administer the activities of the Histology, Immunohistochemistry, and Cytotechnology laboratories
- Monitor laboratory procedures to ensure accurate and timely reporting and implements methods to ensure regulatory compliance
- Ensure laboratories are in compliance with regulatory and licensing agencies
- Work closely with clinical staff to ensure the highest level of patient care
- Prepare statistical reports for the medical director and/or director of Laboratory Services
- Supervise and assign work to staff, evaluate performance, conduct training and staff development activities, handle disciplinary issues, etc
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred
- ASCP certification as HT, HTL, PA, or CT
- Five (5) years of managerial experience
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.