Position & Client Overview:
A prestigious hospital system located in the southeast is currently in need of an AP Manager.
The ideal candidate must be a histologist and/or a cytologist. This position requires the candidate to be certified and degreed, with a minimum of 3 years experience as a manager or supervisor.
The bulk of the work will be administrative with duties including budgets, schedules, hiring and firing, and day-to-day operations of the AP Department. The manager will report directly to the laboratory director and will manage approximately 50 FTE's.
This exciting new role will offer a generous salary along with benefits and bonus incentives.
This type of upper-level positions do not open often. Apply today!
Responsible for the management of all operations for the Anatomic Pathology labs to ensure quality, timely and efficient operations. Establish procedural systems and controls for regulatory compliance and quality assurance. Supervision over histologists, cytotechnologists, PA’s, laboratory supervisors, grossing, transcription and support staff.
- Managing processes and procedures
- Training and presenting technical information to staff
- QA/QC of the departments
- Fiscal and budgeting responsibilities
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate and administer the activities of the Histology, Immunohistochemistry, Cytotechnology and laboratories
- Monitor laboratory procedures to ensure accurate and timely reporting and implements methods to ensure regulatory compliance
- Ensure laboratories are in compliance with regulatory and licensing agencies
- Work closely with clinical staff to ensure the highest level of patient care
- Prepare statistical reports for the medical director and/or director of Laboratory Services
- Supervise and assign work to staff, evaluate performance, conduct training and staff development activities, handle disciplinary issues, etc
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- ASCP certification
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law. #IND